Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fixers

I feel frustrated when I try to help other people but they are unwilling to help themselves. I know what's right for them to do & honestly, they do too. I care about them & want what's best for them, but they are unwilling to change or take the actions necessary to fix the situation.

It's frustrating when people won't help themselves. Granted, sometimes David feels this way about me. However, when I talk to him about something, I'm not expecting him to fix it, I'm expecting him to listen. When someone is talking to me about something, I do try to listen too, but maybe I offer advice too much? I don't know. Maybe I get that way once the situation goes on a long time & I don't really feel like listening is helping & I'm ready for the situation to be resolved? I don't really get it. I do not beat a dead horse around David, that I do know. But I think he tries to fix EVERYTHING without listening because he's a guy. That's just how guys are, fixers.

Could I be any more vague?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, "vague". NOT