Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lots of changes

This week has been a whirlwind - no, really.

I guess I should start with what happened last week. Monday I got a call that I didn't get the job at Lockheed. I was discouraged, but I tried to focus on God's plan is bigger than our's. Tuesday, David's car broke down on the way to work. It overheated & he had to be picked up by a co-worker & have his car towed to a friend from church's auto shop. We were afraid his car was toast. Friday, our next door neighbor's house was flooded & we didn't know why. Then our kitchen floor started having a little water come up through the cracks. We were worried that the water problem was our fault (like a pipe burst or something).

By the end of the week, we found out that David's car could be fixed & fairly cheaply (yay!). Also, our neighbor's water heater was messed up which caused his house to flood (I still feel bad for him, but better that it wasn't our fault). Our floor should be covered by his insurance, but if not, it should be fairly cheap to replace.

Then this week happened.

Monday is normal, David was home. No big deal. Tuesday night (seriously, 8pm), I get an email from his boss offering me a job & saying they wanted me to start as soon a possible. Monday, preferably! Excitement, panic. I accept the job & Wednesday we decide I will start on Monday. David calls a daycare we had initially thought about in Conyers (where we will work). They get us in for a tour Thursday (today!) Daycare tour is great, it is wonderful & we love it. Emma even seems to like her class. Although the class is full, they can go ahead & move one kid up to the next class (14 mos & up) & Emma can start MONDAY.

So basically I start work on Monday & Emma starts daycare on Monday. Next week is going to be hard on us (I've already started crying about it), but I can see God's hand all over it. Please remember us in your prayers next week (& now too, please!), we're going to need it!

No comments: