Sunday, January 25, 2009

Getting ready

It's official, I start my new job & Emma starts her new daycare TOMORROW. I honestly can't believe it's all happened so fast! Seriously, it has taken less than a week, start to finish. It is definitely a God thing, it wouldn't have worked out this well any other way!

I'm busily trying to get everything set out for tomorrow. All of Emma's stuff that can be is set out (diapers, wipes, bibs, change of clothes, spoons, sippy cup, puffs, cheerios). I've already written out the labels for her bottles, so in the morning I just have to make the bottles, stick the label on & put the bottles & her baby food jars in a cooler with a cold pack. Her clothes for the morning are already laid out too.

I know what I'm wearing, but my pants are in the washer, so that will be last minute. I guess I could go ahead & lay out the rest of my clothes...

As you can tell, I'm trying to physically prepare for tomorrow, but honestly, I'm a nervous wreck. I'm not so nervous about the job itself - I already know all the people I will be working with & I know it will take awhile for me to get trained, so work-wise, tomorrow should be totally fine. Plus, I've already told David I've decided he's taking me out to lunch tomorrow, so that's good ;)

I'm really just nervous about leaving Emma for so long. She's never been away from both of us for that long (going on 10 hours, although probably a little less). She stays in the nursery at church for about 3 hours every Sunday & she always does great. Mostly, I just worried about naps. Emma is a horrible napper & there are only a few ways I can get her to sleep: driving her around in the car, holding her & rocking her quickly while patting her back, occasionally by feeding her a bottle, & by letting her cry it out in her crib :(. I know they are busy & have other things they have to take care of rather than hold Emma while she sleeps, so I'm not sure what they'll work out. I'm sure it will take them time to get her on a good napping schedule. I just feel bad for Emma & her teachers - it's going to be hard for awhile. And it's not like not napping is an option. She gets so grouchy when she's overtired. They did say we could come visit her whenever we want, but I think we'll try to stay away tomorrow because I'm afraid as soon as she sees us, she'll want to go with us & it will be way worse. I guess if she needs us, they will call.

I know it will go fine & we'll all work through the changes. I know God is in control. We can just use all the extra prayers we can get this week. I guess I'm just ready for this week to be over already.

No comments: