Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President Obama

No, I didn't vote for him. But he's now our president-elect. And guess what? I'm proud of America for electing a black man as our president. Although I disagree with some of his views & didn't vote for him, God knows the bigger picture & He's in control, not me, not even President Obama.

I think it really shows how far our country has come in the past 50 years. Back then, I bet many believed a black person would never become president. I think it really shows that our country as a whole is changing for the better & is becoming more accepting of all people regardless of their background or race. And honestly, that's a very good thing. I really want my daughter to grow up in a world where race doesn't matter. That's really the way it should be & it's a shame that it's taken this long.

So although there's a good chance I will disagree with President Obama in the future, I'm proud of what this election means to all of Americans. I think we're finally moving in the right direction.

No comments: